CARE AND SERVICE EXCELLENCE AWARDS
- Categories for the Care and Service Excellence (CASE) Awards are:
Category 1 – Young care & service professional of the year (under 30)
Category 2 – Outstanding care and service by an individual
a. Care and Support
b. Specialist Care Services
Category 3 – Outstanding care and service by a team
a. Care and Support
b. Specialist Care Services
Category 4 – Excellence and innovation in injury management
Category 5 – Excellence in improving employer performance
Category 6 – Lifetime achievement
Category 7 – Customer excellence
- This document, the instructions on how to enter the Awards, the official entry form and any other details about the CASE Awards contained within promotion material all form part of the terms and conditions of entry. The terms and conditions of entry apply to all entrants in all categories for the CASE Awards. For the purposes of these terms and conditions ‘icare’ means the Insurance and Care NSW.
- The CASE Awards will be administered by icare.
- Entry for the CASE Awards is open to employees employed by a service provider of icare for a period of at least six months as at 1 July 2017.
- Entry for the Young Care & Service Professional category is open to employees of an icare service provider born after 30 June 1987.
- The CASE Awards will commence on 25 September 2017 and conclude on 29 November 2017.
- Entries must be received by midnight, 31 October 2017. For reasons of fairness late entries will not be accepted.
- Each entry must be submitted online and must be accompanied by an official entry form.
- Entries must not exceed 2,000 words (approximately 4 pages). Entries exceeding the specified word limit will be cut off at a 10% buffer. No provision will be made for oral submissions including DVDs. All assessments will be based on written material provided.
- By submitting an entry, entrants shall be taken to have acknowledged and accepted these terms and conditions and agreed to be bound by them.
- Entries dealing with scientific, medical or technical achievements should be accompanied by a summary in plain English or ‘lay’ terms.
- The CASE Awards judging panelists need to abide by strict conflict of interest requirements and will be ineligible to judge categories to which there is a real or perceived conflict.
- The assessment, conduct and results of the Awards will not create any legal obligations between entrants and icare or the Crown in right of New South Wales.
- The CASE Awards judging panel reserves the right not to allocate an Award in a particular category where, in their opinion, there are no entries of sufficient merit.
- In the event an entrant that is judged to have won a category is found to have failed to satisfy or abide by the terms and conditions of the CASE Awards, that entrant shall not be entitled to the relevant Award, and icare NSW may, at its absolute discretion, award the relevant Award to another entrant or choose not to award the Award at all.
- No responsibility is taken for any loss of, or damage to, entries.
- Entries and supporting material will not be returned to entrants.
- Each entrant warrants that its entry, including any designs and/or inventions, is the entrant’s original work, that any intellectual property rights arising in connection with that entry vest in the entrant and that the entry does not interfere with any third‐party rights.
- Winning an Award does not signify endorsement of a particular product or a particular practice by icare NSW. An entrant which is granted an Award may freely disclose or publicise the grant of the Award, but must not represent, directly or indirectly, that icare NSW has endorsed the entrant's product, method or service.
- icare NSW reserves the right to decline to accept, or to disqualify, an entry at its absolute discretion, including but not limited to situations in which the entrant, or a related person or organisation, has breached or is under investigation for possible breaches of work health and safety and workers compensation laws (whether or not a prosecution is pending), or where the acceptance of the entry may otherwise be detrimental to the objectives of the icare CASE Awards scheme.
- icare NSW will ensure that there is no disclosure to any third party of any information provided by an entrant and marked ‘confidential’, except with the prior consent of that entrant or where such a disclosure is authorised or required by law.
- By entering the CASE Awards each entrant warrants that all information in its entry is true, accurate and complete. Entrants may be requested to provide further evidence to substantiate their entries and, if so requested, such evidence must be provided within the stipulated timeframe.
- All entrants authorise, subject to receipt of prior written notification, icare NSW to use the information contained in entries (other than confidential information) for any purposes it sees fit including, but not necessarily limited to, promotional purposes.
- Without limiting the generality of clause 23, and subject to proper acknowledgement being given to the relevant entrant, all entrants authorise icare NSW to publish details of their entry, including (but not limited to) contact names, phone numbers and photos. icare NSW will not use the personal information of entrants for any other purpose without prior consent of the entrant, or unless authorised or required to do so by law.
- Entrants acknowledge that they may be required for presentations and media interviews in respect of their entry and agree to take all reasonable steps to make themselves available for, and actively participate in, such presentations or media interviews.
- All entrants authorise icare NSW to recommend that the product, method or service comprising their entry be adopted for use by any other individual or organisation.
- Previous CASE Award winners are ineligible to enter this year’s Awards with the same initiative/solution/contribution.
- icare NSW, the Crown in right of New South Wales and the officers, employees and agents of all the preceding do not accept any liability, however arising, including liability for negligence, for any accident, loss, injury or damage arising at any time out of or in connection with the CASE Awards except for any liability that cannot, by law, be excluded.
- Entrants who breach any of these "conditions of entry" are subject to disqualification.